Thursday, January 12, 2012

Uncovering The BEAUTY in the BLEMISHED












Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:11-13












What does it mean to be content? How can I be content in every situation? Well, I have been learning that to be content depends entirely on my willingness  to be ACCEPTING to my surroundings and to allow GOD to fully use me on HIS terms. I have been feeling extremely upset lately--feeling like I'm just upset at where GOD has me currently, or where GOD doesn't have me, or that I can't do something or I don't have this or that, or that My relationships with others aren't doing as good as I believe they SHOULD be if GOD loves me so much....










BUT after much PRAYER and ASKING... HE again remains faithful providing me with the answer in how to be CONTENT in my current relationships, jobs, money, attitude, and my transforming position from young lady to a confident woman!   









I have learned that ALL of it comes with ACCEPTANCE. It is easy to forget that GOD has ACCEPTED us into ETERNAL life as flawed humans.  I have been so focused on the negatives of life that it has brought me to a low, a low that I thought I couldn't get back to... A low of an almost depressing feeling... a feeling like nothing I did was good enough or nothing I have been doing is getting me anywhere... a feeling of being out of control...














THE BEST WAY TO BE IN CONTROL IS TO RELEASE IT. 









I have to accept that CONTROL belongs to the CREATOR and ACCEPT that we ARE flawed... But if we were perfect God wouldn't have to continue to mold us. IF we were perfect without any Cracks... Then GOD's Light wouldn't be able to SHINE THROUGH.










So instead of continuing in this ridiculous dramatic state of "depression", I have learned that it is so easy to fall into a stage of thinking "I have to be perfect." Which makes everything around me imperfect... But that's EXACTLY what it is. IT's easy to forget that I have been ACCEPTED just as I am... That if I am accepted JUST AS I AM--The perfectly-imperfect-making-mistakes-kind-of-person--then I need to be ACCEPTING of the scuffed up world around me, the scuffed up people, the scuffed up situations, the scuffed up--messed up--blemished reality of LIFE !!! 









I am the worst hypocrite I know.... But I am willing to see GOD from now on fill up the holes that only his LIGHT is able to. I cannot fix the world because I did not CREATE It. I cannot fix other people... because I too am an imperfect human being.... This is me--Letting go. 












The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.




                                                                                         1 Timothy 1:15







TO BE CONTENT = TO ACCEPT 










TO ACCEPT = TO REALIZE YOUR NOT IN CONTROL 












TO REALIZE YOUR NOT IN CONTROL = TO BE CONTENT. 












REPEAT. 



No comments:

Post a Comment