Sunday, January 5, 2014

Moving to KC- Part 2

In all Honesty, I've hesitated writing this, as I have felt less than adequate to tell of the things God has done... In all of my desires, glorifying Him is at the TOP of my list & I don't want to miss ANYTHING HE has done, so I've waited... 

Your marvelous doings are headline news; I could write a book full of the details of your greatness. {Psalm 145:6 MSG}

But now I feel ready.. For in my weakness, and in my inadequacies HE IS STRONG. 

{2 Corinthians 12:1-10}

After the Broken Chains crusade, we came home totally in awe of Gods greatness and totally humbled by seemingly small beginnings. 

Austin and I both felt our calling was to continue fighting on behalf of others... To pray and believe Chains could be broken in others lives with the ministries He had given us. 

With that on our hearts, we continued our daily living...working on breaking some of our own chains. 

Austin and I were both getting burnt out being in Ozark/Springfield. We were both feeling drained-as if things were changing and we were being left behind. We couldn't quite place a finger on it...Life was GOOD, real GOOD But we knew we had to go...we knew that God wanted GREAT. 

In Springfield, we both have family, we both had jobs, we both have church family, my birthson, our friends, and our memories. So what exactly could be greater? What would leaving truly look like? 

We prayed... And prayed... And prayed some more... Asking, pleading, with God to show us where he wanted us to move. I assumed Jokingly, Austin said Kansas. But he was dead serious. & I wasn't having it. "HECK, NO, it's flat and boring and there's tornadoes. I am NOT moving to Kansas." Taken back by my answer He said,"Never say never, God may call us there." I laughed it off. 

That Night I went to work and as I was driving I called on God and said "the next license plate you show me, is where we are moving." A car drove past with an Arizona license plate. I called Austin. "babe, I feel like we are supposed to go to Arizona. Yeah, for sure. That's definitely where we are meant to be."  Hanging up, I felt content.. Mainly because I felt I had dodged the bullet to come to Kansas. 

The next morning was Church... Austin didn't want to get up. He had worked long hours the night before and was exhausted. Something inside of me compelled me to fuss at him to get up and go with. We both know Church is important and usually it's no problem, which is why I pushed even harder because I felt like it wasn't Austin... 

We went to church that morning together, running late like usual. When we  got inside worship was already playing. We grabbed our coffee and immediately jumped into the swing of things. 

As we lifted our hands in praise, I prayed to God and said,"Lord, I give in. Wherever you set my feet is where I shall go. I just want to do your work. I know I desire someplace warm, but if that's not what you have for me, I will still love you and do my best to honor you."

Worship was over and we sat down. Pastor Chad got up and swiftly introduced Pastor Todd Blansit, His cousin.. Who Pastors a church in KC. (Oak Grove). Austin and I got a little excited!! 

After He was done speaking, Austin looked at me and said "that was good. Really good." A video began playing about shining your light and allowing it to reach an entire city. Both of us got a heart shock.. We both felt it. Kansas City was set into our minds. As we left church, Austin was excited about what He had learned, yet still wanted to go home and nap. ;) 

My family and I had planned to go to "Family Fest" that day... And I again pursueded Austin to stick to our plans and go.

When we arrived, there wasn't many people. It was supposed to rain, so a lot of people hadn't wanted to risk the weather conditions. The concert had already started. We set up our lawn chairs and then walked over to the merch table. We looked at T-Shirts and CDs when Austin noticed Steven COOPER
would be performing and Had his own merch section. 

Austin picked up his business card & asked the lady working behind the table if he could keep it. She kinda giggled and told him of course. His eyes lit up as He explained who Steven Cooper was to me. He had worked with tech nine, akon and Toby Mac. 

Then Austin flipped over the business Card. It said "The Booth Studios." Located in KC, MO.  Two times in one day, we saw KC, MO. So not only would we have a church, Austin would have a studio if we came up to KC! It seemed to fall into place. God is so clever when it comes to the details of our lives... He works behind the scenes and after it's set up, HE shows us where to go. 

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: {Ecclesiastes 3:1 ESV}

It was perfect. Austin and I then grabbed Steven Coopers CD and on the back.. The third song down was called BROKEN CHAINS. That's it. I was undone. God gripped us. We chatted to my mom about KC, and she got excited for us. She's always been supportive of the dreams we have! She's an all in, go big or go home type! (It propels & encourages me). 

We sat down expectant for God to show up. Austin got up one second later to get my mom, little brother, and I some water. He was gone for what felt like FOREVER, and when he returned he was glowing. He had seen Steven Cooper on the way to the water and stood and chatted with him about music and recording.. Hoping that possibly He could teach and disciple him along the way. 

About an hour & a half later, Steven Got on stage. My mom didn't realize who he was and said "this guy is my favorite so far." Austin and I laughed and told her who he was. She was impressed! After, we got his CD for my mom and He signed it. :) 

We decided that KC was probably the place, but we didn't want to tell anyone. There's something that happens when you recognize that God is leading you, but it's in the secret place and until you have all of what He is giving you, it's better to keep your mouth shut and just follow. Austin and I had been blabber mouths about what we assumed were Gods plans, and it just made us look foolish. 

We learn as we go, and one thing we have learned Is that if God is behind something.. You don't have to say it, it will happen in time... You just have to show it. 


Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth. Therefore let your words be few. For a dream comes with much business, and a fool’s voice with many words. {Ecclesiastes 5:2, 3 ESV}


No comments:

Post a Comment