Friday, May 3, 2013

Relax, Have some faith & a cup of coffee

I am writing this after speaking with a good friend who is also in the same season-- the waiting season. I feel like many people are in this time of their life where they are expectantly waiting on something that only God can achieve. Their hope has to be In Him because nothing else seems to make sense... waiting is one of the most difficult tests that God has given me this far....

When I was a baby in my faith..(which was 2 years ago when I gave my life to Christ). In every aspect, I heard God and I heard what He wanted from me. When I was pregnant with Paxton--He said ADOPTION--when I was looking for a job--He said I will show you. Both answers were what I was looking for... Both answers I received. However, both times I didn't necessarily question God, I just didn't understand Him yet. I didn't understand His characteristics or what those answers meant, I didn't understand that when God says He is going to do something than HE is going to do it, so I went out of my way and expended a TON of energy trying to figure it out on my own.

I opened doors that I shouldn't have opened, I climbed through windows that I shouldn't have climbed through, I jumped obstacles I shouldn't have Jumped, all because I didn't know how to just wait. I didn't want to procrastinate and miss Gods promise... So I chased after it. && in doing so, I applied for an adoption agency, talked recklessly to people about Where Paxton was supposed to end up, I thought I was going the right way and all the avenues got shut in my face. GOD provided Jamie and Ben for Paxton. I caused a LoT of heartache in trying to FIND the promise God had, instead of just readying my heart for its I hurt a lot of people, let them down, and even hurt myself in the process. But I still didn't learn.

I did the same thing when God said he would provide a job for me. I wasn't willing to listen because I wanted a job that I would make a lot of money and I wanted it instantly. So I went to places I believed would hire me in an instant and would provide me exactly what I would need. Did these Jobs allow me to change anyone's lives? No, not anyone but my OWN. God doesn't work like that. I was disappointed one application and interview after another, until God opened up a door through a friend and provided me again with His promise and the job I needed. All the time I was searching--He already had set up where I needed to be.

I tried to chase after the promise when the whole time I should have used that energy to chase after GOD! He is the one who made the promise and He is also the one that delivers it-- when you seek him in faith. I am not saying-- do nothing and he will hand it to you. No I am saying, PRAY, SEEK, and have FAITH. Listen to where He is telling you to go and have a WILLING heart to go there. Our plans are not HIS and when we try to plan HIS promises, we do it in a way that will only benefit us, we do it in a way that we think HiS promises should look....

God says this,"“Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7, 8 NLT)

He doesn't say "Keep on asking other people to get what you want, Keep on seeking in the world the promise I am offering, Keep on knocking on a thousand doors until you find the right one."

No, no, no.

HE says "ASK Me and I will PROVIDE, SEEK ME and you will find, KNOCK on my DOOR and I PROMISE you I WILL be the ONE to ANSWER."

How encouraging. God is going to answer ME?! What!!!! HE is going to provide!? That's incredible. So what am I supposed to do God? Where do I Fit in?

Wait patiently for the LORD.
Be brave and courageous.
Yes, wait patiently for the LORD. (Psalm 27:14 NLT)

But if we look forward to something we don’t yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently.) (Romans 8:25 NLT)

We must WAIT. Wait in confident hope that he knows what's best!

So, my friends, when you come together to the Lord’s Table, be reverent and courteous with one another. If you’re so hungry that you can’t wait to be served, go home and get a sandwich. But by no means risk turning this Meal into an eating and drinking binge or a family squabble. It is a spiritual meal—a love feast. (1 Corinthians 11:33-34 MSG)

Are we at the Lords table waiting for a feast... But in our impatience do we leave and get a sandwich?

Sure, we can satisfy what we are looking for--but it will be temporary. GOD wants to give us so much more than we want for ourselves. Don't sell yourself short, your almost there. Be patient. He is surely going to come!

Wait Faithfully and listen for His Voice to Direct you.

3 This vision is for a future time.
It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled.
If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently,
for it will surely take place.
It will not be delayed.
Habakkuk 2:3



No comments:

Post a Comment