Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Desiring "Change"

“Get up! Command the people to purify themselves in preparation for tomorrow. For this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Hidden among you, O Israel, are things set apart for the LORD. You will never defeat your enemies until you remove these things from among you. (Joshua 7:13 NLT)

So many times I have found myself in a spot of desiring things that need changed. I find faults easy and ask God to remove them.

I tell God what he's not doing or what people aren't doing or what people are acting like and I get extremely upset because things aren't changing the way I want.

This is perfect for me today. I point my finger at my closest friends and family and ask God why they aren't Changing. I point my finger at my enemies and I say they should forgive!

Well here's the truth: We have to stop pointing our fingers at things that need changed and start pointing them back at ourselves because when we find something wrong with someone else, it normally stems from something that's not right in us.

Today God is telling me to "Purify", "Get Up", "Remove Things from YOU."

In the scripture above God doesn't say you can defeat enemies when they remove stuff, but when we remove stuff... Stuff we hold onto in our hearts can keep our enemy victorious... It could be anger, regret, control, jealousy, distrust, insecurity, bitterness, dishonesty, etc, But we aren't suppose to live this way.

WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE VICTORIOUS.

We can't "change" anyone until we ourselves are living the way God asks us too. This will allow others to see our example and we must... must... learn to remove All Things, All emotions, All binds that the enemy tells us is "normal" and "natural" and "right".... that clutter up our hearts to keep us from His uplifting Truth and desire nothing more than The Love of God and a deeper truth that secures us.

No comments:

Post a Comment